Skip to main content

Gender


Gender, it’s a pretty heated topic in its self. However, I don’t want this to get heated here. I’m going to share what my beliefs are and some studies to back up what I’m sharing.
If you’ve followed along on the last few blogs, you’ll know that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. With that being said, I have some pretty set beliefs on the importance and roles of gender. Does that mean I dislike or “hate” on those who believe differently or act against what I think is correct? Absolutely not. I love everyone and how people choose to live their lives is between themselves and the good Lord.
As a member of Christ’s Restored Church we have what we call a Family Proclamation; this shares with us and the world what a family should be, the roles, the equality, the warnings for families.
Here is the link if you would like to go read it and check it out! I would recommend you read it because even if you aren’t a member of the same faith, you will be interested to see how much your beliefs follow it.
This tells us the marriage should be between a man and a woman. Today in society a marriage can between anyone. Which is great for those who pursue that lifestyle, but for me and my beliefs, it’s between a man and a woman. The Family Proclamation shares that the husband is to be the provider with the mother being the nurture. However, if you have ever looked close not all families fall into those roles. Lost parents, fathers who have gotten ill and can no longer work to provide and become the nurtures, parents who both want careers, etc. There is no set look on how a family should be but parents are to be equal in all senses. Just because I am a woman does not mean that I need to have dinner on the table each night when my fiancé gets home from work. It also doesn’t mean that I can’t go and work and help provide for my growing family.
Men and woman are different. We have different body parts, different strengths, different weaknesses, different abilities. If we were all the same the world would not run as easily. Things are rough as it is but if we all had the same talents and abilities; many things just would not get done.
We discussed in class some of the differences between men and woman. Woman have cooperative play, are relationship oriented, and have the ability to communicate. Men are aggressive/competitive, greater upper body strength, and are spatial oriented. Going back to the Family Proclamation, these abilities help men provide, protect, and preside and help the woman nurture and strengthen a family. We would be lost without both aspects of these strengths that can only come from a man and a woman creating and holding together a family.  
Lastly, can a man do a woman’s job and can a woman do a man’s job? ABSOLUTELY. I love when I see woman in the construction business or higher up in a business (ex. CEO). I have watched several men work within day-cares and watched them love those children.
To sum up this scattered blog, gender is important. It is important to the Lord. It is important to families. It is important to the children they raise up in the world. Can you still have a family and raise children without a man or without a woman? Yes, of course. But it will be harder and different outcomes. That’s how everything is though when you go against the grain or against the normal. In the end, be you. I don’t want to change who you are or how you live. I just want to help make people aware.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Troubles

How many of you also come from families that are just dysfunctional? Perfect, glad I’m not the only one! A lot was discussed that was just amazing but one that truly just stuck out to me was crisis vs. stressors. CRISIS: Here below a not perfect chart that was shown in class and I’m going to describe it because this is in all families and it’s how we handle crisis’s in our lives. Alright, thanks for accepting my horrid attempt at drawing that. As I explain it I want you to refer back to it. 1.     This is where all families start. 2.     Here is the crisis. 3.     We all get defeated during hardships and fall down. 4.     We bounce back and do even better than where we started. 5.     We bounce back and are just a little above where we started. 6.     We bounce back to the same place that we started. 7.     We don’t bounce back. I found this so extremely powerful because it’s so accurate, for me at least. During each family crisis or even my own pe

Merging two families.

Marriage. The beginning of merging two different families. Two different lifestyles. Two different habits. I am getting married in exactly 8 weeks and I’m a little terrified for this merge. I am beyond excited to marry my fiancé, I love him dearly. However, we are quite different people. We work together but we’ve never lived together to see all that is there. If any of y’all have any advice, please share! We discussed what makes a wedding and what makes a marriage. When reading and discussing what makes a good wedding, we talked about how society sees it. The bride’s families pays for almost everything with the grooms family for and only certain things. However, those aren’t laws written down, but yet so often we thing it has to be done that way and only that way. Most people think for a good wedding you have to have a big party to correspond with your marriage. The bigger, the better. For me, I’m a little different than your average girl. I have no planned my entire weddi

Thus far..

Finals are here. This class has come to an end and I’m quite sad. I have learned so much from this class. I have learned what I want from myself, my husband, my children, my family. I have learned things about myself that I didn’t realize I was doing, things that I wanted to do, and things that I wanted to be done with my future family. I have learned the importance of being one with your spouse. When we get to go to Heaven, it’s going to be Ethan and me. Our kids will be with their spouses and won’t have a need for us there. I want to have that bond with my cute lover boy forever. I want it to get stronger and stronger each day and for that to happen, I have had to make some changes. Now, I’m not perfect and it hasn’t been easy. I have fallen back into what’s familiar many times and have to pull myself out to change things. I make sure that no matter what the excitement is and even if my friend would understand more, Ethan is always going to be the first to know a