Skip to main content

Fidelity


This was a good week for class. I truly enjoyed it and I want to start with a claim that if you disagree with me, that’s fine! This is what we discussed in class and how I feel towards the matter. Please don’t think my thoughts are doctrine and that it’s the only way to live, you can choose your own path and live happily ever after.
Fidelity. Fidelity means “faithfulness to a person, cause, or belief, demonstrated by continuing loyalty and support.” When one is married, they should be faithful and true to one another in all aspects; emotional, mental, physical, and spiritually.

My teacher discussed that even with our hobbies that we should do them with our spouses. He shared a story of how two couples would go running together. Couple 1 are XX and couple 2 are OO. Eventually life happens and wife X had other things come up and quit going running. It was down to the three people running. Eventually husband O in the other couple had other responsibilities so it was just husband X and wife O left running. Both spouses were okay with it but over time husband X started looking forward to running with wife O. They would talk and share their lives and he began to notice he was getting emotionally attached to wife O, he wanted to share his news, excitement, and life changing things with wife O instead of his wife. When husband X realized that he decided to quit running with wife O and spend more time with his wife and gaining that emotional connection back.

As you can see, he was starting to create infidelity with his relationship to his wife. Most people think of infidelity as just being a sexual attachment, or simply known as an affair. But it is so much more than that. We discussed in class how we sometimes have different hobbies than our spouses but that we should do them with our spouses.
I’m not set on that aspect because I don’t think I could just simply do everything that my fiancé loves because I have different likes. However, I do believe that we should involved our spouses into the things that we do.

A specific example from my life this week. My fiancé has this girl who just loves on him even though he could care less about her (which is mean to say but it’s fine). Anyways she has been messaging him a lot the last few months and he doesn’t respond. The other day she messaged him again and I told him he needs to tell her to stop or block her or something. He said, “I don’t want to be mean; she says such nice things to me.”  Oh boy, oh boy. That was not the right thing to say so then we had a nice discussion about what if it was a boy who was saying all those nice things to me and I didn’t tell him to stop and encouraged him to continue? He knew he would be upset and then we had this class. We talked about fidelity and how we want to always be faithful to each other. We discussed how we would handle situations that might arise and how we would be open and communicate with each other. We never want to be in a situation that we create a wedge between us.

Fidelity is an important part of a marriage. Society might tell you otherwise due to marriage not being nearly as important as it once was and how it should be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Troubles

How many of you also come from families that are just dysfunctional? Perfect, glad I’m not the only one! A lot was discussed that was just amazing but one that truly just stuck out to me was crisis vs. stressors. CRISIS: Here below a not perfect chart that was shown in class and I’m going to describe it because this is in all families and it’s how we handle crisis’s in our lives. Alright, thanks for accepting my horrid attempt at drawing that. As I explain it I want you to refer back to it. 1.     This is where all families start. 2.     Here is the crisis. 3.     We all get defeated during hardships and fall down. 4.     We bounce back and do even better than where we started. 5.     We bounce back and are just a little above where we started. 6.     We bounce back to the same place that we started. 7.     We don’t bounce back. I found this so extremely powerful because it’s so accurate, for me at least. During each family crisis or even my own pe

Merging two families.

Marriage. The beginning of merging two different families. Two different lifestyles. Two different habits. I am getting married in exactly 8 weeks and I’m a little terrified for this merge. I am beyond excited to marry my fiancé, I love him dearly. However, we are quite different people. We work together but we’ve never lived together to see all that is there. If any of y’all have any advice, please share! We discussed what makes a wedding and what makes a marriage. When reading and discussing what makes a good wedding, we talked about how society sees it. The bride’s families pays for almost everything with the grooms family for and only certain things. However, those aren’t laws written down, but yet so often we thing it has to be done that way and only that way. Most people think for a good wedding you have to have a big party to correspond with your marriage. The bigger, the better. For me, I’m a little different than your average girl. I have no planned my entire weddi

Thus far..

Finals are here. This class has come to an end and I’m quite sad. I have learned so much from this class. I have learned what I want from myself, my husband, my children, my family. I have learned things about myself that I didn’t realize I was doing, things that I wanted to do, and things that I wanted to be done with my future family. I have learned the importance of being one with your spouse. When we get to go to Heaven, it’s going to be Ethan and me. Our kids will be with their spouses and won’t have a need for us there. I want to have that bond with my cute lover boy forever. I want it to get stronger and stronger each day and for that to happen, I have had to make some changes. Now, I’m not perfect and it hasn’t been easy. I have fallen back into what’s familiar many times and have to pull myself out to change things. I make sure that no matter what the excitement is and even if my friend would understand more, Ethan is always going to be the first to know a